eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Tools Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

chef-de-race

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
larrcamp9 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 0.20
  Quote larrcamp9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chef-de-race
    Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 11:10pm
I've noticed when I've went to The Thoroughbred Database recently that both Pivotal and Galileo are designated as chef-de-race sires. Pivotal has a(IC) by his name and Galileo has a (CS). Yet, I can't find any news anywhere else confirming.

Does anyone know what is going on?
denovo View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 63.80
  Quote denovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 5:43pm
Yes -- I'll endeavour to find the data on this and post it up. I have been meaning to do so for some time -- the guy in charge of dosage now has a pretty low-key web presence on it -- I found it some time ago and got Mike to include it.
========================================================
SimDosage, Sirelists, Raceout Archive and more from my page or here
larrcamp33 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.00
  Quote larrcamp33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 6:29pm
Thanks. I just happened to notice when I looked at those sires pedigree. I check sire lines enough that I think I would have noticed if they were more than those two. But it's almost like it supposed to be a secret!
denovo View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 63.80
  Quote denovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 9:07pm
You're right, there are only those two new Chefs -- both added October 2016 -- and you're also right that it almost looks like a secret LOL.  I actually picked up on it somehow in May 2017, and liased with Mike to get the data added then, as well as a correction to his classification of TAPIT. Shame on me that I haven't posted up on it for all this time :(

The guy Steve Miller, who worked on the Chefs with Steve Roman before, has the current Dosage site HERE, and the articles on Pivotal and Galileo are downloadable from there.

He also has a few previews of some English 2016 & 2017 Classic races there -- pdfs from the Racing Post Weekender.

Steve also has another page offering free download (via Dropbox!!) of an updated and final edition of Steve Roman's "Dosage: Pedigree & Performance" (chef-de-race.com). This is a revised version of the original book containing additional material and updated through the 2016 Triple Crown races. DOWNLOAD LINK HERE
========================================================
SimDosage, Sirelists, Raceout Archive and more from my page or here
larrcamp24 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.00
  Quote larrcamp24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 10:29pm
Thanks for finding the answer.
The website looks interesting, also. I'm a long way from Europe, so reading the blog may keep me better informed on racing in your part of the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply